As a small or growing business owner, you've realized how important it is to be active on social media to reach your customers.
But how do you implement a social media plan that is effective?
You can hire a Social Media Specialist like me (hi there!) to manage your accounts or you can take on the task yourself.
If you're going to take in on yourself, there are three strategies that you need to implement to get the most out of your social media game. Follow these guidelines and you will be able to build your audience, increase your brand awareness and boost your business!
Consistency is KEY when it comes to social media and posting. Nothing can hurt your business more than in inactive social media account. If a potential customer searches for your business online and sees that you haven't posted in months, they could easily assume that you went out of business.
Aim for at least one post per day across all of your social accounts to stay fresh and active.
The easiest way to manage consistency is by pre-scheduling your posts. There are several websites with (free) schedulers to help you do this. Hootsuite and Buffer are some of the most popular ones.
Your content should follow the 80/20 rule. Only 20% of your posts should be directly promoting your brand/business. The other 80% should be focused on engaging and interesting content for your audience.
Before you post, ask yourself the following questions:
If you can say yes to all of the above questions you have a great post to share!
I love social media because it is a two way street. You’re putting yourself and your business out there for the world to see.
Take this unique opportunity to reach out and speak to your audience. Reply to their comments and answer their questions. Develop authentic relationships and you’ll see your fan/customer base grow!
Shhh…don’t tell anyone, but this is the “secret sauce” that I teach my clients when I’m doing private social media coaching (yep, I do that too).
I understand what it’s like to struggle with social media so I’m happy to share my top tips with you for free. All I ask is that if you found any of this useful, please like, share and/or comment!
Thanks for the love and for reading this post!
Social Media Specialist
The goal of this blog is to help small and growing businesses get the most out of their social media presence.